QuickBooks is an accounting software system created by Intuit that can be customized to fit your company. It is user-friendly and you always have the support from the Intuit Community. These tips can be used in any Quick Books format expect for the online version.
Here are some helpful tips to get you started:
- Set up program preferences and chart of accounts to match your company.
Program Preferences: Edit → Preferences
Chart of Accounts: Accountant → Chart of Accounts → Account (New or Edit
2. Set a closing date password to prevent prior month or prior year data from changing.
Closing Date: Edit → Preferences → Accounting → Company Preferences
3. Do regular back ups
Back Up: File → Back Up Company → Create Local Backup
4. Control F helps you find transactions easier and faster.
Find Transactions: Ctrl+F
5. Memorizing reports is beneficial when you use the same report often.
New Report Group: Reports → Memorized Reports → Memorized Report List
Memorized Reports (bottom left) → New Group
6. Open Window List helps you toggle between multiple reports open in QuickBooks.
Open Window List: View → Open Window List → All open reports show up on the left side of the screen