Don’t miss a beat in the ever-changing world of tax.
In an increasingly complex tax environment, it’s important to stay up to speed with the latest laws and regulations. Failing to comply could bring about costly IRS penalties—and could easily put your business behind.
Our specialty tax team offers the sophisticated knowledge of a large firm without the prohibitive fee structure. We are experts in many areas of specialty tax, including sales and use tax, nexus, R&D credits, and compliance issues related to foreign subsidiaries and foreign parent-owned companies. Working closely with our trusted network of international contacts, we help you achieve your international consulting and compliance goals.
Specialty Tax Services
ASC 740 tax provision (SEC tax compliance and consulting)
- FIN 48 assessment and documentation
- Effective tax rate planning
- Tax footnote preparation and review
- Calculation of current and deferred taxes
- Valuation allowance (analysis and related calculations)
Sales and use tax consulting
- Addressing state notices
- Audit representation
- Planning to minimize exposure
- Assessing exposure for reporting purposes
- State nexus or filing analysis
R&D tax credit
- Calculation, documentation, and defense
- Review prior year’s calculations and amend past returns (if beneficial)
In a recent blog, National Taxpayer Advocate Nina Olson explained why taxpayers can’t rely on answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) and Answers and other forms of “unofficial”...
Federal tax law allows deductions for many items, such as legitimate business expenses and charitable donations. But, if you claim deductions on your tax return, you also must maintain adequate record...
We’re in the midst of hurricane season now, but the eastern and southern shores aren’t the only parts of the country at risk for catastrophic events. Mudslides, earthquakes and wildfires o...