Do you want to work with a broad variety of sophisticated individuals and businesses who are eager for your experience and insight?
Are you prepared to be a true leader?
Do you back up your ideas with action?
Ready to coach the next generation of CPAs?
And do you by chance own bowling shoes?
Welcome to PWB!
PWB CPAs & Advisors is a Twin Cities based accounting firm delivering exceptional service for our clients in the Midwest and beyond. Our mid-size firm with over forty talented professionals located in two offices offers an array of consulting services including audit and accounting, outsourced bookkeeping, and tax services. We are more than an accounting firm to our clients – we are a respected business partner and trusted advisor.
Our continued growth has created a need to add a key professional to our leadership team. As a Tax Manager you will play an important role in both delivering exceptional services to our clients, as well as helping develop and mentor our internal staff of professionals. PWB offers its team members access to state of the art technology, the finest research tools, and a fun, friendly and collaborative culture in which to thrive and grow as an accounting professional.
- Identifies and implements tax planning and consulting opportunities
- Reviews complex tax returns for small to medium sized business, high net worth individuals, trusts & estates, and foundations
- Manages client tax relationships and reviews client tax calculations
- Supervises and develops staff
- Manages, directs and monitors multiple client engagements as well as serves as a business advisor to clients
- Identifies and assists with implementation of tax planning and tax savings strategies
- Researches and consults on complex tax matters
- Develops and owns client relationships with a variety of clients in various industries
- Manages multiple teams and provides performance feedback to all members of those teams
Education & Work Experience
- BS in Accounting required, Masters in Taxation or other advanced degree is a plus
- CPA required
- Minimum of six (6) years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend
- Consolidated C-Corp, partnership, S-Corp, Individual and multi-state experience
- Ability to develop strong client relationships
- Possess effective writing, communication and tax research skills
- Ability to mentor and develop staff
Knowledge & Skills
- Knowledge of multi-state taxation
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients
- Proficient with technology
- Interest in generating new revenue
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Safe Harbor contributions
- Medical, dental, long-term disability, short-term disability and life insurance
- Paid continuous education to help you develop
- Encouragement and resources to achieve CPA designation
- Paid volunteer time
- Wellness program
- Firm events throughout the year, including in-office mini golf, bowling & Accounting Olympics
- Great busy season meals and snacks
- Flexible schedules and telecommuting opportunities
- Business Development opportunities for those looking to network and feed their extroverted tendencies
- Office locations in Bloomington and Plymouth, Minnesota
- The opportunity to work with some pretty amazing human beings!
PWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer