Can you think beyond the task in front of you?
Do you want to do more than just count beans?
And how are your paper airplane skills?
Welcome to PWB!
PWB CPAs & Advisors is a Twin Cities based accounting firm delivering exceptional service for our clients in the Midwest and beyond. Our mid-size firm with over forty talented professionals located in two offices offers an array of consulting services including audit and accounting, outsourced bookkeeping, and tax services. We are more than an accounting firm to our clients – we are a respected business partner and trusted advisor.
Our continued growth has created the need to add an Accountant to our Accounting Solutions team. In this position you will play an important role in helping clients successfully manage their businesses and provide the tools they need to make savvy, timely decisions. PWB offers its team members access to state of the art technology, the finest research tools, and a fun, friendly and collaborative culture in which to thrive and grow as an accounting professional.
- Maintain multiple client relationships and serve as point of contact with minimal account manager supervision
- Complete reconciliations of bank statements, credit cards, and other balance sheet accounts
- Prepare financial statements and required work papers to support the financial statements
- Process accounts payable, accounts receivable, sales tax, and payroll
- Gain a thorough understanding of the financial operations of industry specific clients (i.e. nonprofit, healthcare, hospitality, etc.)
- Conduct special projects as requested
- Embrace technology through integrations and 3rd party applications that save time
- Exceed client and co-worker expectations daily!
Education & Work Experience
- Associates Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field required; BA/BS preferred
- 2-3 years accounting experience
- Develop and maintain a strong working knowledge of accounting software packages. QuickBooks experience/certification – a dream come true!
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
Knowledge & Skills
- A thorough understanding of financial statements, general ledgers, trial balances and accounting theory
- Technologically savvy
- Organized, meticulous work habits
- Polished and articulate interactions with clients and co-workers
- Ability to meet tight deadlines consistently and change tasks on a dime.
- Competitive salary and bonus plan
- Generous paid time off policy
- Safe Harbor contributions
- Medical, dental, long-term disability, short-term disability and life insurance
- Paid continuous education to help you develop
- Encouragement and resources to achieve CPA designation
- Paid volunteer time
- Wellness program
- Firm events throughout the year, including in-office mini golf, bowling & Accounting Olympics
- Great busy season meals and snacks
- Business development opportunities for those looking to network and feed their extroverted tendencies
- Office locations in Bloomington and Plymouth, Minnesota
- The opportunity to work with some pretty amazing human beings!
PWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer