FLSA Status: Exempt
Department: Tax or Audit
Reports to: Tax Manager/Partner
Summary of Responsibilities:
Managing client relationships and supervising and developing staff. Identifying and implementing tax planning opportunities, compliance functions on clients including preparing and reviewing of client returns.
ESSENTIAL POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES
- Reviews individual, business, multi-state corporate, consolidated tax and S corporation tax returns for small to medium sized businesses
- Prepare individual returns of high complexity
- Supervise, trains and develops staff
- Develops of workflow plans and budget hours in order to meet deadlines
- Serves as resource for staff for training and questions
- Researches tax issues
- Develops the client relationships with a variety of clients in various industries
- Anticipates and addressing client concerns and resolving problems as they arise
- Assists with the preparation of quarterly and annual tax provisions and other tax accounting and reporting requirements under ASC 740 ( FAS 109 and FIN 48)
- Promotes new ideas and business solutions that result in extended services to existing clients
- Keeps abreast of industry developments and their effects on client’s competitive position
- Responds to client and firm associate requests in a timely, accurate, positive and professional manner
- Prepares client correspondence, letters, e-mail, or other communications pertaining to engagement planning and requests
- Communicates with engagement leaders regarding open items or other important matters in a timely manner
- Listens and questioning to better understand client’s needs to identify opportunity to sell business
- Adheres to prescribed budgets and deadlines
- Recognizes potential issues and/or opportunities in engagements and discuss with engagement leader
- Performs a limited number of tax return interviews as needed
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE
- BS in Accounting required
- CPA or eligibility to sit for CPA required
- Minimum of four (4) years of progressive experience in public accounting or corporate/public blend
- Consolidated C-Corp, FAS 109, FIN 48, partnership, S-Corp, Individual and/or multi-state experience
- Ability to grow strong client relationships
- Projects confidence and credibility in dealing with clients
- Possess effective writing, communication and tax research skills
- Experience with tax technology a plus
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
- Knowledge of general ledger accounting and principles.
- Knowledge of federal and state payroll laws.
- Ability to communicate clearly in writing and verbally.
- Works as an effective team member sharing information and providing peers with assistance
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet deadlines by setting priorities with work projects.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers and clients.
- Proficient with computers, Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), QuickBooks and using various software packages.
- Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment.
- Hearing must be in the normal range for telephone contacts.
- Requires the ability to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Prompt and dependable attendance.
The duties described above are the general nature and level of work performed but are not intended to be a complete comprehensive list of all the duties, activities, and responsibilities required of job incumbents. Supervisors or managers may ask job incumbents to perform other duties as needed and/or required.
Management has the right to revise this position description at any time. The position description is not a contract for employment, and either you or the employer may terminate employment at any time, for any reason. PWB is an Equal Opportunity Employer.